Outstanding individual and organisational success depends as much on developing deep emotional intelligence as on intellectual ability and knowledge. Challenging established patterns of thinking and behaving and linking these directly to business performance to accelerate and sustain the best version of the individual is a key element of Fiona’s work. Fiona brings her own unique blend of professionalism and humour to her work and this helps establish rapport and easy communication. Fiona has coached executives and professionals from a variety of sectors and worked for over 20 years as a lawyer in the City and West End of London and therefore understands the ever-increasing pressure on individuals to reach demanding targets and deliver excellent results within tight time frames and the impact of this.
Combining her legal education and career with her more recent degree in psychology and certificate in counselling, Fiona is able to introduce to the business world awareness of how long held beliefs and attitudes can both inhibit and enhance business performance and personal effectiveness. Fiona is a keen advocate for championing diversity and bringing mindfulness into the corporate world.
Fiona has undertaken coaching assignments in the UK, mainland Europe, Hong Kong, North America, Singapore, Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey.
- European Sales Director (EVP) for a leading multi-national stock exchange to develop more rounded leadership and influencing behaviours.
- Head of Underwriting in Insurance in a global insurance specialist provider developing executive presence and leadership.
- Partner of a City law firm working to improve leadership effectiveness and develop stronger people management behaviours to improve personal effectiveness and team performance.
- Senior Lawyer, maternity coaching, managing transition for both the individual and the employer
- Head of Operations, multi-national telecommunications corporation, to develop leadership skills and executive presence
- Group Financial Controller of multi-national retail chain, working to improve personal effectiveness, communication skills and executive presence
- Partner of City law firm managing transition from associate to partner and working to identify and close gaps in skill base necessary to perform effectively in new role
- Managing Partner of City law firm working on communication skills and vision for the firm
- VP of International Online organisation working to improve communication and leadership skills and exploring strategies for effective management of time
- General Counsel of a major global insurer to develop influencing and relationship building skills, gravitas and presence
Education & Professional Qualifications
- BA (Hons) Law
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (1st)
- AQA Certificate in Advanced Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Coaching (accredited by Middlesex University) UK
- NLP Master Practitioner
- JCA (Occupational Psychologists) Accredited Emotional Intelligence Psychometric
- Graduate of One World Academy “Freedom in Living “ Programme (India)
- 8 week Mindfulness course (London)
- Member of British Psychological Society
- Member of the Association for Coaching
Fiona’s approach to coaching is firstly to build a rapport with clients to enable the client to feel comfortable in the relationship to facilitate honesty and insight into thinking patterns and behaviours. Fiona seeks to provide a strong level of support to her clients, but where appropriate she will challenge to enable the client to: set clear and effective goals; gain an awareness of the reasons for certain behaviours and their impact on business performance and relationships. Fiona aims to facilitate the client to make purposeful and sustainable change and Fiona strives for the development and fulfilment of potential.