Vivian James Rigney
Vivian has developed the Peak Performance Coaching model through years of best-practice coaching experience and has been delivering it to successful business leaders and executives around the world for more than 15 years. Prior to coaching, he built a career as a P&L owner for multinational companies, creating global teams and understanding through personal experience the connection between successful C-suite leadership and the elements of trust, authenticity, effective communication and emotional intelligence. Vivian has lived and worked in the United States, Germany, France, the UK, South Africa and Finland. He is based in New York City.
Areas of Expertise
- Executive and Leadership Coaching
- Adjusting communication styles toward greater impact and influence
- Effective navigation of a matrix organization
- Efficient balancing of time by empowerment with accountability
- Building and/or optimizing a leadership team
- Successful management of change and transformation, while managing stress levels
- Executive gravitas in managing up and across the organization
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Certification in Coaching, ITS, London, UK (International Coaching Federation accredited)
- Masters in NLP Applied Psychology, ITS, London, UK
- Managing Teams for Innovation and Success, Stanford University – Executive Education
- Influence and Negotiation Strategies Program, Stanford University – Executive Education
- Best Practices in Leadership Program, Harvard Business School – Executive Education
- MBA – International Business and Finance, École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, Paris, France
- MII Marketing, Dublin Business School, Ireland
Vivian has an open, direct, and intuitive, yet empathetic coaching style, with an emphasis on developing strong trust and rapport with his clients. His coaching challenges thinking, behavior and attitudes, towards sustainable change in performance and results. The phrase, “It’s lonely at the top,” is often an understated reality. Creating a non-judgmental and thought-provoking space, he brings humor and curiosity in allowing individuals to become the best version of themselves and leading effectively through this.
As a mountaineer, Vivian has successfully climbed the highest peaks on all seven Continents – most recently Asia’s Mount Everest. This has been a particularly challenging, humbling and rewarding journey – one that links powerfully with his coaching in facing challenges through personal accountability and growth.
“It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”